Name: Johan de Vries
Profession: Senior Microsoft .NET developer
Residence: Ermelo, The Netherlands
Hi, I am Johan de Vries. A senior Microsoft .NET developer currently working with mStack. I have over 12 years of experience in developing Microsoft .Net applications. During this period I have been involved in the construction of back-end applications, integration between applications and websites. From scratch but also from existing applications.
In addition to building the software, I was responsible for the architecture, I wrote technical designs and wrote and performed unit tests. In these projects I used the following techniques C #, ASP, MVC, SQL, EF, WCF and .Net Framework 2, 3.5, 4, 4.x, but also .NET core.
I characterize myself by creativity, curiosity, determination, drive and cheerfulness. These qualities make me a motivated worker who enjoys going to work and wants to bring a project to a successful result. In my spare time I am involved with the latest techniques, including app development for IoT with Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi 4. I keep up my professional knowledge by studying new techniques. Also I go often to meetings with colleagues to share knowledge. I give presentations to increase my own skills and to share my knowledge with others.
My broad knowledge in the technical field, my experience with working within different corporate cultures and my enthusiasm, ensures that I quickly master myself in a new environment and can provide added value for the customer.
I started writing software for the Microsoft .NET framework in 2006. Over the years I have developed into a Microsoft specialist with experience in:
- Developing applications based on the .NET framework (Universal Windows Platform, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API and Azure) in an agile / scrum environment.
- Developing front-end web applications, using techniques such as jQuery, typescript, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Developing back-end applications, using techniques such as Entity Framework, WCF, Web Api.
- Setting up continuous development & integration for development teams, to support agile processes and the rapid and regular deployment of applications. A.o. through Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services).
- Use of Microsoft Azure components in software solutions. A.o. IoT components (IoT Hub, Stream Analytics), Azure Functions, Azure App Services and various Azure Storage components.
I love my profession technologies:
- .NET Core (but also .net framework)
- Azure Devops (also VSTS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Visual Studio
- ASP.NET MVC
- Continuous integration
- Enity Framework
- Html & CSS
- Microsoft SQL
- REST Services
- Unit Testing
- Windows IoT
I love my fun technologies:
- Azure IoT
- Raspberry PI (and other SBC, like the Pine64 PRO)
- Ubuntu (but also other distro’s)